Are you considering purchasing a modular office building but not sure about the details of construction? Let us walk you through the process. Here are some of the things you’ll need to consider to prepare your site for your modular building delivery.
One of the great things about using Rose Office Systems as your modular building provider is that we take care of all the construction and transportation of your office to your site. Once your order is placed, we begin constructing it as soon as possible to decrease your overall lead time.
Before Your Modular Building Delivers
During the short wait time for your building, however, there are a few things that need to be done on your end to prepare for the arrival, final installation and completion of your project. Here is a list of items to remember to get done or ask about for your project:
- Prepare a level and easily accessible site pad for your building
- Obtain all necessary local building and zoning permits
- Check with your city codes to see if poured concrete footers are required (if so, there will be an extra set up fee)
- Have a utility company mark any underground utilities
- Look into insurance liability and casualty coverage from time of delivery to site
Your Responsibilities After Delivery
There are also a few things you’ll be responsible for after your building has arrived and we’ve finished putting it together:
- Have any utility hook-ups (power, sewer, water, phone, etc.) installed and connected by a local licensed sub-contractor
- Supply smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, as well as storm shutters, impact-rated windows, etc. if required by code
- Provide blinds, window treatments, office furniture, appliances or bathroom fixtures not in your quote
- Build any and all decks, ADA accessible ramps, or steps into the building unless Rose has specified in our quote. Typically we can build these for you but some customer’s prefer to handle it themselves.
- Supply a dumpster at the project site for removal of all trash after setup is complete. You will be responsible for the removal of the small amount of trash we generate from construction if no dumpster is provided
- Hire a subcontractor to handle all of the signage, exterior lighting, paving, parking lots, walkways and landscaping necessary to complete your new office building.
Knowing what to expect before and after your modular building delivery is important to help the building process go much smoother, and will prevent many headaches as well. If you have any questions or are confused about anything, just ask! The professionals at Rose Offices will be glad to help!
Want to see how a modular building is set up on your job site? Here is a video of our setup crew using a Translift to maneuver and set the modules in place on a permanent foundation.
If you have any questions, please fill out our contact form and we will be in touch!